Firstly, read through the list below for simple rules about eating, when to eat and to assist you monitoring your behavior. You should eat 2 - 3 times per day.This 10 point scale has been designed by the National Health Service in the United Kingdom, (dchs.nhs.uk). You should aim to eat when you are between points 3 to 6 of the scale:
LEVELS OF HUNGER
1. Beyond hunger. No energy. May have a headache or dizziness. Your body feels totally out of energy and you need to lie down.
2. Irritable and cranky, little energy and may feel nauseous
3. Stomach feels empty and the urge to eat is strong
4. Start thinking about food. Body signals that you might want to eat.
5.Body has had enough food to keep going and is physically and psychologically just starting to feel satisfied
6. Fully satisfied and full up.
7. Feeling past the point of satisfaction. Body says NO but your mind says yes and you eat more
8. Stomach starting to really ache but you carry on eating.
9.Feeling really uncomfortable, heavy, tired and bloated